How to setup Microsoft SQL Server High Availability with AlwaysOn in Azure
High Availability Solutions For Long Term Goals
- High Availability can be defined as the systems that are likely to operate without any failure for a long time.
- High Availability refers to the system that can quickly recover from the failure and be able to service a part of the system without any hindrances to its functionality.
- High Availability can also be explained as a Service Level Agreement that makes the business to run smoothly with a perfectly analyzed system, designed to work continuously with minimal or without any failure.
Need for High Availability Solutions
- High Availability is always interlinked with the term Downtime. To understand High Availability in a clear manner, we need to understand what is meant by Downtime.
- If a company desires continuous online availability, then it needs a failover system in place.
- Downtime can be defines as the time period when your network is not available. Downtime creates huge loss to any business if its highly available resources are not available even for few minutes.
- Downtime should always have very less impact on the business to run smoothly.
- Downtime may be of two types:
- A Scheduled Downtime can be a result of a maintenance activity that cannot be avoided with the currently installed system design.
- The best example for a Scheduled Downtime is a critical software update that requires a reboot to make the configuration changes to come effective.
- An Unscheduled Downtime is typically caused because of some physical event, such as Hardware or Software failure.
- An example for Unscheduled downtime is Hardware failures, Network Issues, Operating System Problems.
When a company allows for disruption, its risking the following three things:
- System and data availability.
- System recover-ability.
- Performance continuity.
Benefits of High Availability Solutions
- Organizations can achieve continuous online availability with minimum downtime.
- Increases the quality of services even during the peak periods or disruptions.
- Reduces the Hardware or Software failures caused by Downtime.
- Ensures system availability even during Outages.
These systems are automated, and hence there is less hassle for the companies.
Our Tailor-made High Availability Solutions
- We implement built-in redundancy for data storage, ensuring your system’s uptime is at a steady 100% and there by minimizing the negative impacts.
- Our High Availability solution comes with a fully automated fail-over system.
- This feature backs up your resources immediately and automatically, which can be less time-consuming process.
- Fail-back is also automated and executed once the issue is resolved.
- We offer real-time backup facilities to protect your business critical information in case of a data failure to extract an exact copy of the original data.
- Our updating processes are very fast. Therefore, the system does all the updates to the backed-up data immediately, as soon as any changes take place.
- Your systems can resume their normal operations when we are implementing and testing our solution.
You can also choose a schedule that would not affect your business operations.
- Our costs are very affordable. Because of our latest technology, more servers can be accommodated by one physical server and hence reducing the total TCO.