Office 365 Worries About Threats To Your Data, So You Don’t Have To.
Whether you’re a team of five or a Fortune 500, you’ll get enterprise-level security to keep out hackers and viruses and ensure your data remains confidential. Office 365 has powerful, built-in features to help you protect sensitive data, stay in control in the cloud, and meet your compliance needs. Office 365 Message Encryption helps protect sensitive data without sacrificing productivity.
Protect Sensitive Data with Office 365
Office 365 email automatically adheres to 10 privacy compliance standards in various industries. Microsoft also offers robust contractual data privacy and security commitments by default to help customers comply with local regulations. The Online Services Terms contract document includes the EU Model Clauses, UK Data Protection Act and many other provisions. It applies as soon as customers accept the Microsoft Licence Agreement.
Data privacy and access visibility
Microsoft’s commercial online services do not capture, maintain, scan, index, share or use any data-mining technology. This means that your emails will never be scanned for ad-serving purposes, nor will the data you store with us be read or unknowingly shared with third parties in any way. You’ll also benefit from fully customisable controls that enable you to tailor enterprise-grade security service to best meet your company needs.
Data Security against hackers and viruses with Office 365
Even if your company has a security team, it’s nearly impossible to assemble one large enough to uncover and protect against the hundreds of possible alerts that come through each day. With Office 365, an enterprise-level extension of your security team is focused on the physical security of your data centres, the logical security level applied to hosted machines and the data security level protecting your data at rest and during transmission.
No need for virus-scanning software
Email is the gateway in and out of your organisation. Prioritise security across the board with protection from external threats, and defend with internal access controls.
- To deal with external threats and unknown risks, Exchange Online Advanced Threat Protection comes included in Office 365 and helps secure mailboxes against sophisticated attacks in real time, eliminating the need to install additional virus-scanning software. Every email attachment or link that passes through your Exchange server is automatically evaluated for suspicious activity, and malicious content is neutralised before an attack can occur.
- To protect internal information, Exchange allows your administrators to control email access permissions using information rights management (IRM) by keeping unauthorised people from printing, forwarding or copying sensitive information. Data loss prevention (DLP) through Office 365 enables administrators to control transport rules, actions and exceptions without affecting email flow.
A trusted platform for teamwork
SharePoint is designed to create a fluid teamwork experience that transcends boundaries while protecting your organisation, data and employees with enterprise-level security across Office 365 and devices.
Three aspects of SharePoint security
- Industry-leading protection for your information – SharePoint and OneDrive make you confident about the security of your data by providing the safest space in the cloud. To help ensure your data is safe and your team is working in a secure environment, these services work to authenticate and authorise users, protect content, and secure the infrastructure.
- Manage security more easily with intuitive and advanced controls – SharePoint and OneDrive include a set of controls to help keep your data safe no matter where mobile users access or share data, what device they’re working on or how secure their network connection is.
- Stay in the know with insights and intelligence – SharePoint and OneDrive offer advanced auditing capabilities to help you discover forensic information about specific activities conducted by a user or an administrator.
Mobile device management
What happens if a device loaded with company data is lost or stolen? That’s where mobile device management from Office 365 comes in. It allows administrators to prevent unauthorised user access by setting up policies that ensure company emails and documents can only be accessed on phones and tablets within your Office 365 service. If a device loaded with Office 365 is lost or stolen, administrators can wipe the device clean.
Use mobile device management for Office 365 to secure and manage the following types of devices:
- Android 4 or later versions
- iOS 7.1 or later versions
- Window 8.1
- Windows Phone 8.1
- Windows 8.1 RT
- Windows 10
- Windows 10 Mobile
Mobile device management protects a range of Office 365 products, including:
- Sway (iOS only)
START YOUR PROJECT HERE
Click To Know More