Soon the Microsoft support for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 will end on July 9, 2019. That means the end of regular security updates. With cyber attacks becoming more sophisticated and frequent, running apps and data on unsupported versions can create significant security and compliance risks. we highly recommend upgrading to the most current versions for better performance, efficiency, and regular security updates.
The upcoming end of support milestone is a great opportunity to transform your applications and infrastructure to take advantage of cloud computing and the latest versions of SQL Server and Windows Server.
Upgrade on-premise and stay to protected:
- Upgrade to Microsoft SQL Server 2017 with greater security, performance, availability and innovation with cloud analytics
- For on-premises servers that need more time to upgrade, you will be able to purchase Extended Security Updates for three more years. This option is available with Software Assurance or Subscription licenses under an Enterprise Agreement enrollment.
Migrate to Azure with free security updates:
- Rehost your on-premises database server 2008 & 2008 R2 to Azure SQL Database Managed instance with no application code changes
- Move to Azure Virtual Machines, you will be getting to extended security updates at no additional charge till in coming three years, and upgrade to a newer version when you are ready
- Use existing licenses and save up to 55% of Azure charges with Azure Hybrid Benefits
Microsoft support will end on July 9, 2019. Infochola is helping to take this opportunity to modernizing your database’s and upgrade to the latest version of Windows SQL Servers.
START YOUR PROJECT HERE
Click To Know More