BYOD refers to that permitting the employee’s to bring their own devices like laptops, tablets and smart phones to the workplace, and to use the devices to access the organization information and application. Bring your own device (BYOD) also called as
- Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT)
- Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP)
- Bring Your Own PC (BYOPC)
In this Modern IT world, with the arrival of cloud and BYOD, the data is scattered everywhere. Taking and keeping the backup of these data is creating even more headache to the organizations. If we are looking into the scenario of BYOD, we need to take the backup of an increased number of devices like business desktops, personal laptops, personal tablets, business phones etc. Not only this, different devices might have different software to take the backups. These software are making use of the agents for the backup. So taking backup with different agents is again creating problem.
Another challenge is keeping the confidentiality of the data. Possibility of leaking data is very high with BYOD. According to Gartner, By 2017, 40% of enterprise contact information will have leaked into social networks such as Facebook and LinkedIn, and that twice as many employee-owned devices will be compromised by malware than those owned and managed by enterprises.
How can we mitigate the risks with BYOD?
- Third party applications like Citrix Receiver, 2X client etc. are available to secure the BYOD. You can securely access the enterprise application with the help of these software from any device, anywhere, any time.
- Use Mobile Device Management (MDM) Solutions like separate boot profiles for the devices at office and so on.
- To some extent, organizations can control BYOD challenges by setting up different access levels to the employees.
- Above all, Organizations should have better BYOD policies by considering the needs of the organization. Infochola Solutions able to help you to set up the policies of your organization.
Benefits of – Bring Your Own Device :
- Increased productivity
- Employee’s Satisfaction
- Cost Effective
BYOD provides the following necessary infrastructure :
- Access Points
- Network management
- Mobile Collaboration Applications