Data Analyst is responsible for querying data sources using tools like Excel (PowerPivot, Power Query, Power Map), PowerBI and other reporting tools such as Tableau, SAS and Teradata. Should be familiar with data catalogs and how to build and validate data metrics from their queries. Should be familiar with caching strategies and analytic data streaming technologies. Data Analysts candidates are in charge of getting the decision support reports and data to the executives for periodic review
- Deep understanding of manipulating and analyzing complex, high volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques.
- Strong ability to define, track, and report key metrics to assess overall business health, delivering in depth analysis on business performance (trends, funnels, etc.) and drivers, as well as forecasts and targets.
- Deep understanding of how to build and design dashboards to enable ongoing monitoring of business health, as well as operationalizing dashboards and ingesting new data sources.
- Able to provide actionable insights on how to improve business services.
- Strong understanding of scripting languages, including R, Python, Scala, and SQL.
Access, business objects, Cognos, Excel, Hadoop, Apache Hive, Oracle, Power BI, Powermap, Power Pivot, Power Query, SAS, SharePoint, Apache Spark, SQL Server, SSRS, Tableau, Teradata, Visio
Platforms: Windows, Linux
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics and data mining with proven quantitative orientation.
- 3+ years of working on complex reporting requirements, large, complex data sets, and various reporting tools, such as Power BI.
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality reporting metrics to customers and executives.
- 5+ years of proven ability to judge data results as valid and accurate.
- Proven track record for continuously deploying software following Agile development practices.
- Process oriented, with a proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts & ensuring follow through.
- Proven track record for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources. • Exceptional verbal and written communication.